PARTshare for SOLIDWORKS
PARTshare for Autodesk Inventor
PARTshare for Solid Edge
Technology Assurance Program
Striker Certified Training
Advantage Customer Support
Striker Consulting Services
News & Events
Striker Systems News
True Shape Nesting Software
In today’s competitive market manufacturers must operate as lean as possible. With material costs being one of the biggest expenses incurred, many organizations are turning to nesting to reduce waste. SS-Nest is automatic, true-shape nesting software that readily adapts to the most demanding sheet metal job shop and production environments. Bundle SS-Nest with
to incorporate comprehensive nesting into your cutting and punching operations. And add the optional
SS-Nest Manufacturing Software Extension
to automate the creation of nested layouts from your MRP or ERP data.
Product Key Features
Here are just a few of the powerful features of SS-Nest. For a more extensive feature set select the PDF link at the bottom of this list. If you need additional detail on a specific software feature or you have interest in a software feature that you don’t see on this list, please don’t hesitate to contact us. A Striker Systems team member can discuss your specific nesting software requirements and how SS-Nest can improve your productivity.
True Shape and Rectangular Nesting
– Provides automatic true shape and rectangular nesting to accommodate a variety of nesting needs.
CNC Machine Specific Nests
– Integrates with
to provide a comprehensive CAD/CAM and Nesting solution. Nests are created using specific CNC machine rules.
Automatic Part Sorting
– SS-Nest automatically sorts parts based on material type, material thickness, and assigned CNC machine.
Automatic Sheet Selection
– Automatically selects the optimum sheet size or sizes to minimize material scrap.
Part In Part Nesting
– Nests parts inside of larger cutouts improving material utilization.
– SS-Nest offers advanced (optional) capability including MRP/ERP interface, guillotine shear nesting, and multiple torch nesting.
Direct Interface to SOLIDWORKS, Autodesk Inventor, and Solid Edge
– PARTshare is included providing automatic extraction of part and assembly data. As soon as parts are released from the modeling software they are immediately available for nesting.
Industry Standard File Format
– The native file format of SS-Nest is the industry standard DWG file. DXF files are also automatically created. This makes SS-Nest ideal for interfacing with third-party CAD/CAM solutions.
Click here for expanded SS-Nest feature list ->
SS-Nest Expanded Feature List.pdf
SS-Nest offers numerous options to accommodate your specific nesting requirements.
Manufacturing Software Extension (MSE)
– Expands the capability of SS-Nest to interface with ERP, MRP, and other production scheduling systems
- Extends the functionality of SS-Nest software for guillotine shearing operations. Shear cuts are highlighted and ordered to minimize scrap and reduce process time.
Multiple Torch Extension
- Extends the functionality of SS-Nest software to optimize the use of multiple torches for CNC machines with multiple torch configuration.
3D CAD Plug-in
2D CAD Design
104 S.C.T. Drive
P.O. Box 41
White House, TN 37188
Send e-mail to
with questions or comments about this web site. Striker Systems values your privacy. Please review our
. © Copyright 2016 Computer Design, Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction or copying of images is prohibited.